The Dental Assisting program will prepare students for a career in the dental field. Dental Assistants help to increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of oral health care. With a projected employment growth of 18 percent by 2024, Dental Assistants are in high demand. The growing link between general health and oral health will only continue to add to this growth. This program will prepare you to assist chair-side during specialty and operative procedures. Students will complete an externship experience in a local dental facility as part of the program.
- Ohio Certified Dental Assistant ( CODA)
- Licensed Ohio Dental Radiographer
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Apollo Career Center Certificate of Completion
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete the Work Keys Assessment
- Attend program orientation with program coordinator
- Pass FBI/BCI background check
- Required Immunizations: Physical with 2-step TB test, Hepatitis B series, 2-MMR Vaccines, Flue Vaccine, and Tetanus.